Sunday, September 28, 2008

Do you believe in signs?

  If anyone has ever watched the movie ' Fools Rush In'
... there is a part in there that gives importance to signs 
and how they are put there to aid us clarify the path 
in life. 

  A few weeks ago on a Sunday the next door neighbors 
were having a little informal cookout in back of the house. 


It was small, only about 7 people including me. It was 
a beautiful day and as you can see they were cooking 
kebabs ... which was only about 25% of the total menu. 


  So I was hanging out with the people making general 
conversation and the people knew that my time here 
in Romania was winding down. They asked what was 
next, I told that as of now, the plan was to return 
home for a couple of months then off or actually, back, 
to Africa. One man asked me if I knew where in Africa. 
I told him that I would be going to Namibia. 


  He says "you know, I've been to Namibia" ... I was kind
of taken by this. Why would I be? I have to say that after
all my years of life and of all the people that I've met, 
he is the only person that I've met that's been to Namibia. 

  About 15 or so years ago he was a fisherman and the boat
he was on fished off the coast of Namibia or at least they 
would enter Namibia through the port city called Walvis Bay. 

  As the heading of this article refers to ... signs ... I am taking
this as one. Yeah, we interpret things in our way and I know 
that I am probably magnifying this to suite myself ... but ... 
I find it kind of crazy that the only person that I've ever met
to have ever been to Namibia was sitting right in back of my 
house and is a resident of this town in western Romania. 

  This has to be a sign that confirms the path to 
Namibia was destined to be.

1 comment:

Pat Owen said...

Hey Paul,
You sound just like yourself, I am happy to say. Great to read your blog and think about all you've done there. Way to go! Pat