Wednesday, February 07, 2007

* As I mentioned in a prior blog-article, my day usually
begins with a trip to the local coffee shop.
  The other day we saw a change due to the new European
Union influence. You can read what it is about in the
following picture.

   

  It basically says that … there is no more smoking in
the coffee shop, thank you. Us non-smokers can thank
the French for this.
  Last week we saw that the French made public smoking
… interdit (in French) or as you can see on the sign … interzis
(in Romanian). I keep telling the people that life will be
better with the EU. At least it will be healthier for
non-smokers.
  Every so often I teach someone a word in English and I
noticed a soda can on the counter in the coffee shop. So
I figured this would be a good word to teach them. Right
now almost everyone who goes to the shop knows the
English word for hell. In Romanian the word is ‘iad’. Also,
I thought about the saying … if you could bottle it, you
could make a million dollars. So it appears that with the
‘bottled/canned’ hell, someone in this neck of the woods
must think that it can sell. You can buy it for 2 LEI or
about 75 cents USD.

               

  The next picture is that of the young lady that works
at the shop daily. Her name is Ana.

  

  She knows what the word ‘hell’ means. She was the
first to learn it.
  The next photo demonstrates what it is all about and
the reason why I make the 5 minute trip daily to the
coffee shop.

  

  If you look closely you can see the steam coming off the
coffee. First thing in the morning, it is a pretty picture.
  I know that it is less expensive to make coffee at home.
I do have everything I need and can make it myself. But
like throughout numerous other local coffee shops and
restaurants in the world, it is more about the real time
daily sitcom experience. You know, about real people. 
  But for me it is even more ’misto’ (word for 'cool' in the
Gypsy/Rroma language) to be a part of the 'daily filming'
of what I could call 'The Coffee Shop', Transilvania style. 

No comments: