Saturday, July 01, 2006

New Home;

We finally received the info on our sites which
will be our homes for the next two years. At this
point in our Peace Corps Romania service these
sites are really only names. We don't know if these new
homes will be good to us or not. We don't know the
people there and conversely they don't know us.
We don't even know where we will be living
or if we will be able to accomplish anything.
The name of my new site/city (pop. 8514) is called Nadlac.
It is located on the border between Hungary and
Romania and is supposed to be the place where
most of the people cross the border. Also, the
population is predominately Slovakian and this
may require that I learn another language or bits
of two others ... Hungarian or Slovakian. They are
Slavic languages and they don't have much in common
with Romanian. We will see how that pans out.
Tomorrow we meet our counterparts and then
Saturday it is off for a 3 day site visit. I am sure that
a lot of questions will be answered over the
next week. I am sure that those questions are not
only from me about them but also from them about me.
'Vom vedea' ... Romanian for ... we shall see.
Next week I hope to be able to write about some specifics.
Inchallah.
For you people who know this word ... sure fits
the instance this time.

No comments: